Saturday, February 1, 2014

InfoPath is dead, then what will happen on SharePoint?

InfoPath is dead, but, it has been deeply integrated with SharePoint!

I knew it was going to die, and still get shocked by this news. However, after one minute, I realized that it could be good to all SharePoint professionals. We all know that there are so many limits/drawbacks with InfoPath, so a new form system could bring tremendous benefit to users.

The only question is, will the new system be as expensive as InfoPath? Does it need all users own a SharePoint Enterprise CAL even if they only want to view the forms?

Hopefully not.

2 comments:

  1. Frankly I'm disapointed. I've spent alot of time understanding the product, its limitations, developed techniques to overcome them, built many an application using them etc. I don't know what the big deal was with other developers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also built a few projects using InfoPath. The clients were amazed that I could get things done so quick.

      However, with so poor support of HTML5 and Javascript, MS may not have much choice.

      Delete